Comments: The Face of Bliss

What a wonderful story! I have tears streaming down my face as I type this, because I have the hope that someday very soon my family will be able to experience this. Thank you so much for sharing your story. What a wonderful thing to observe.

Comment by JL at July 11, 2007 02:30 AM

Comment by JL at July 11, 2007 02:30 AM

Marie and Kelly, thanks for sharing this story its profound and beautiful. Heartfelt.~Melissa

Comment by Melissa at July 11, 2007 09:02 PM

I pray that someday I will have the "face of bliss" and that I will also experience seeing the "face of bliss" on another. Thank you, I need a tissue!

Comment by Biff at July 11, 2007 11:32 PM

Hey Marie-
Hope "yall" are adjusting well. What a beautiful story you shared about the couple in front of you. We met them and they were wonderful. I hope Maritza (I probably butchered that up) is doing well and enjoying the time with her brother. We go back in a couple of weeks with our girls so that they can meet their brother Marcel.

Maria

Comment by Maria and Troy Benoit at July 12, 2007 03:09 AM

Hi Y'all-
I remember you guys and Marcel too! I bet you guys are missing him terribly, hopefully the weeks will go by quickly and you and his big sisters will be together again. Le me know how your trip went.
PM me.
Hugs, Marie, Guatadopt.com

Comment by Marie at July 12, 2007 12:31 PM

Hi Marie!

Mark and I read your story and we can't say thank you enough --- what a wonderful reminder and snapshot of what we experienced at window 7.

Reading our story brought yes more tears to our eyes as that had been one of the brightest moments of our lives! =-)

We also remember the look of bliss and joy on your and Maritza's face that day as well as when we were at the pool together - the excitement Maritza felt everytime she saw an airplane and the knowledge that soon she would be on one riding home was beautiful and contangeous!!!!

We think of and pray for you all and all the other precious families we met while there often.

Big hugs to you all! Anna

Maria... please keep us posted on your journey with Marcel! We really enjoyed meeting you and Troy - I know your girls are really going to have their little brother home we pray SOON! =-)

Comment by Anna at July 12, 2007 08:24 PM

I too have tears streaming down my face as I read your post! What a powerful image. I just returned from a mission trip to Guatemala. We fostered a child seven years ago...and now she is 16...and I long to adopt a child from there now!

Comment by Dana at July 20, 2007 05:10 AM

I have been fortunate to see "the face of bliss" in many different ways. The first time was at the hospital when i gave birth to our older daughter. The second time was in a different hospital when our gestational surrogate gave birth to our younger daughter. The third time was last September at the USE window in Guatemala as my husband and I realized that we were about to bring our son home with us forever. Life is good!

Comment by Mp at April 14, 2008 04:04 PM