Comments: Our Pledge to Guatemala

As we wait for our daughter to exit PGN so that we can bring her home, we pledge to financially support her birth country in its quest to break the cycle of poverty. We do this in honor of our daughter's birth mother, as well as all the wonderful people in Guatemala who are allowing us the privilege of adopting, loving, and raising one of their children.

Comment by Amy at April 24, 2008 03:14 PM

In addition to the above we add our Prayers.
Douglas and Lori Roach

Comment by L at April 24, 2008 03:14 PM

Amy Sluiter

Comment by Amy Sluiter at April 24, 2008 03:24 PM

With the adoption of my son, comes a responsibility to him and the Country who brought him to me. I am intersted in chairing a group of people in Denver with similar passions and have been seeking the right form and forum. Any guidance appreciated!!

Comment by jaci at April 24, 2008 03:28 PM

All our prayers and support,
Dan and Kathy Seconsky

Comment by Kathy & Dan Seconsky at April 24, 2008 03:31 PM

We absolutely join this pledge and add our pledge to pray for the government, the people, the children, and the future of Guatemala.
Michael & Krystal Maguire

Comment by M&K at April 24, 2008 03:34 PM

My family and I support this pledge to President Colom. We have just visited Guatemala and fell in love with the people. Our heartfelt desire is to be of service to the children in an honorable and respectful manner that supports healthy, happy lives.

Comment by MacKenzie Lovings at April 24, 2008 04:04 PM

I will be forever grateful to the country of Guatemala for my two beautiful daughters. I pledge my ongoing financial support and my prayers to those in need.

Comment by Clare at April 24, 2008 04:10 PM

We also pledge to do everything in our power to help end poverty in Guatemala. We to feel humbled by the many Guatemalan people working so faithfully on our behalf and on behalf of our beautiful son, Carlos.

Comment by Carolyn and Paul at April 24, 2008 04:10 PM

Comment by The Darcy Family at April 24, 2008 04:15 PM

We have strong, permanent ties to Guatemala, with many of our large, extended family living there. We have supported an orphanage in the departamento of Chimaltenango with a monthly donation for several years. We will continue to do so. We welcome the efforts of the Guatemalan government and, in particular, the Colóm administration, to break the cycle of poverty that affects the country.

Gregg, Esperanza, and Marilu Smith

Comment by Gregg, Esperanza, and Marilu Smith at April 24, 2008 04:15 PM

We adopted our daughter in 2007 and are currently waiting to bring our son home. We have chosen to make donations on a monthly basis to provide food for families who need it. We are also the sponsors of three children so that they can receive the education that they so deserve. We are forever tied to the country of Guatemala and are wholeheartedly committed to this pledge.
Nathan and Susan Jones

Comment by Sue at April 24, 2008 04:16 PM

James and Michele Bard

Comment by Michele at April 24, 2008 04:20 PM

I pledge to continue to support and pray for all the people of Guatemala.

Comment by Pam Mc at April 24, 2008 04:22 PM

We support this pledge and love and care about the people of Guatemala. We believe that adoption must still be an option for the sake of the children and Birthmothers of Guatemala.

Regina & Derwin Sutphin
Proud parents of 2 Guatemalan boys

Comment by Regina at April 24, 2008 04:24 PM

We love the people of Guatemala. As we are in the midst of adopting two children; we have visited them 3 times and have grown to love the caregivers and local communities. We know of loving charities in Guatemala caring for children; of which we made donations both financial and material. We all want the best for the children and commit to this pledge. Of course, we want our babies home as soon as possible; but our support won't stop there as we have made many lasting relationships with the people of Guatemala.

Comment by Floyd & Leticia Goble at April 24, 2008 04:27 PM

We also add our prayers, time, talent, money, and love.

Comment by The Piekarski Family at April 24, 2008 04:42 PM

We also make this pledge!

Comment by Piekarski Family at April 24, 2008 04:44 PM

Christine Denton and Shaun Nugent

Comment by Christine Denton and Shaun Nugent at April 24, 2008 04:47 PM

Guatemala has given us the two most important things in our lives, our two daughters. We will be forever grateful to Guatemala for that. We will continue to work to help end poverty in Guatemala, both with a financial and service committment.

Comment by Stephanie and David at April 24, 2008 04:48 PM

christine denton and shaun nugent

Comment by chris denton at April 24, 2008 04:51 PM

We care very deeply for the people of Guatemala.

Jim and Darla

Comment by Jim and Darla Highfield at April 24, 2008 04:51 PM

I am forever grateful to the country that brought me my beautiful daughter. I hope to have the opportunity to add to our family again. I pledge my financial support and prayers.

Comment by Angie at April 24, 2008 05:06 PM

I pledge my love and commitment to these beautiful children in need. "let no child be left behind to endure a life of poverty"

Comment by Kim at April 24, 2008 05:10 PM

We join this pledge and pray for Guatemala. Our two visits to the country were nothing short of spectacular. The people and the culture are things we continue to hold dear. We hope to take our Son to visit in the future. The best interests of the children and their homeland is something we strive to preserve. God Bless Guatemala.

Comment by Michelle and Brian Houtz at April 24, 2008 05:10 PM

I feel priviledged that Guatemala has allowed me to adopt my daughter. I feel commited to doing what I can to reduce the need for adoption and to support an ethical adoption process while the need is there.
Kerri Vandiver

Comment by Kerri at April 24, 2008 05:14 PM

peace...love...prayers...and our pledge....

Comment by Karen and Danny at April 24, 2008 05:24 PM

We also are so thankful for our daughter and pray that she will be home with us soon.We are going to lead a medical mission team in July to go to the different orphanages and give medical care and take medicines.We pledge our ongoing assistance to Guatemala.Dr and Mrs Jane Fineburg

Comment by Steve and Jane Fineburg at April 24, 2008 05:53 PM

Guatemala is a part of our heritage now as much as the U.S., and our beautiful daughter will know how wonderful the people of Guatemala are. I will always remind her of the sacrifice her Birth Mother made in giving her up for adoption, so that none of us in our family forget that we have a stake in doing what we can to see a better future for Guatemala. You have our pledge.

Comment by Julia, MT, Julianna at April 24, 2008 05:56 PM

We have already been looking for the best way to financially support the children of Guatemala. If you have a plan, we are ready and willing to help.

Peter and Margaret Janes

Comment by Margaret Janes at April 24, 2008 05:59 PM

Our son is Guatemalan and so in a way we are too. We will help in any way.
Kathy & Paul Murphy

Comment by Kathy at April 24, 2008 06:05 PM

I feel in love with Guatemala the moment I steped off the plane. Guatemala is my children's heritage, any way that I can help preserve their heritage and support their homeland, I will do it.

Christina Rice, Mommy to Tobias and Liliana

Comment by Christina at April 24, 2008 06:08 PM

Our hearts and prayers are with the Guatemalan people during this time of transition. Let us remember that children are gifts given by God.

Rod and Leah Milton

Comment by Rod and Leah Milton at April 24, 2008 06:11 PM

We pledge our support to ethical adoptions
Tamie, Charles, Vittorio, Ysabel and Sergio Butera

Comment by Tamie at April 24, 2008 06:18 PM

We are privileged to be the parents of a Guatemalan born child and are fully committed to support the country and children of Guatemala in whatever capacity needed. God Bless Guatemala. Peace

Comment by Diane & Steven Harvey at April 24, 2008 06:19 PM

We adore our son, who we finally brought home in March (after a 14 month journey), and remain active on this site as well as committed to the future of Guatemala and its children.
We pray for our friends who have yet to bring their child(ren) home and also pray for those children who will need families to love and care for them in the future.
Additionally, we pray for those in power in Guatemala and hope that you are able to assist the children who need someone to ensure that they are loved and cared for - be it within their own family unit or be it allowing them a new family who will care and love them as one of their own flesh.
Truly yours,
Christine & Jeff

Comment by CEF at April 24, 2008 06:22 PM

I also make this pledge and add my prayers!

Beth

Comment by Beth at April 24, 2008 06:40 PM

We feel priviledged that Guatemala has allowed us to adopt our son. We feel a bond to the fine people of Guatemala that will last forever. We would do what ever possiable to help the children and other citizens.

Comment by RALPH & DEBRA at April 24, 2008 06:42 PM

Our lives are forever linked to Guatemala and we will return again and again so that our sons can know the country from which they came. We join this pledge.

Comment by Susan Lampert at April 24, 2008 06:43 PM

Words cannot express how thankfully I am for my son. I pledge to continuing supporting Guatemala and its people. God bless you.

Comment by Deb at April 24, 2008 06:48 PM

We are very grateful to Guatemala in allowing the adoption of our beautiful son. We pledge to honor all ethical adoptions and certainly support efforts of this beautiful country to reduce the need for adoption.

Comment by Kathy Martin at April 24, 2008 06:56 PM

I will help in any way I can....time, money, prayers, etc.

Comment by Linda at April 24, 2008 06:57 PM

My daughter is the most precious gift I have ever received, I pledge my support to her country and it's people.

Comment by Jennifer Wilkin at April 24, 2008 07:06 PM

We are forever tied to Guatemala, through the precious gift of our son. We pledge to do all we can, financially, spiritually and physcially, to support the people of Guatemala and will raise our son to do the same.
Sandra & Bob and Rafael

Comment by sjbj at April 24, 2008 07:17 PM

On behalf of the son I have and the daughter we await, I pledge my prayers and support to the nation of Guatemala.

Comment by Dawn Stark at April 24, 2008 07:19 PM

Our family is blessed to have adopted from Guatemala. We pray that all children who need families are led to arms to hold them and hearts to love them.

Comment by Teri, Kelvin, Jeremiah and Anthony Belin at April 24, 2008 07:19 PM

We want to help Guatemala overcome poverty. We pledge our support.
Lance and Lesli Shoemaker

Comment by Lesli Shoemaker at April 24, 2008 07:34 PM

I pledge to do what I can to honor my son's homeland and to be part of the solution.

Comment by Ana at April 24, 2008 07:35 PM

The Bisello Family

Comment by Franca at April 24, 2008 07:35 PM

Christian and Gynetta Thompson

Comment by Christian and Gynetta Thompson at April 24, 2008 08:12 PM

We make this pledge to you.
Susan, Paul, Isabel and Alexander

Comment by Susan at April 24, 2008 08:48 PM

We are looking for ways to provide schooling for our son's biological siblings in Guatemala. We could provide financial assistance and would also be willing to volunteer time for projects that help children in Guatemala.

Julie and Ralf Dittmer

Comment by Ralf Dittmer at April 24, 2008 08:49 PM

As we wait for our daughters to exit PGN so that we can bring her home, we pledge to financially support our sons and daughters birth country in its quest to break the cycle of poverty. We do this in honor of our children.
Harrison Family

Comment by Terry at April 24, 2008 08:49 PM

We just met our baby Noah last weekend in Guatamala, and are madly in love with him and want to bring him home very badly and very soon. We are desperate to complete our PGN process! WE PLEDGE support.

Comment by Kelly at April 24, 2008 08:56 PM

Overwhelmed with emotion, we pledge to be helpful and prayerful and to give our support to the people of Guatemala. Blessings.

Comment by Donald and Mary and family at April 24, 2008 08:58 PM

We also pledge our ongoing support to the country where our daughter was born and where her birth family and foster family still live. Thankful and blessed by our daughter doesn't even begin to explain all the feelings I have for this country and the wonderful people involved. We want to help.

Comment by Melany Tenore at April 24, 2008 09:14 PM

we pledge our support - our daughter was born in Guatemala, and so our family was born in Guatemala

Comment by the Kelly family at April 24, 2008 09:19 PM

We pledge our support and hope to make a difference in the lives of our daughter's birth country.

Comment by Heather and Dave at April 24, 2008 09:24 PM

We pledge our support and will assist in any way we can. We are eternally grateful for the children we have been blessed with.

Comment by Greg and Felicia Huff at April 24, 2008 09:34 PM

We pledge our support and prayers.

Tonya and Bobby Boster

Comment by Tonya at April 24, 2008 09:43 PM

We have 4 beautiful Guatemalan children . We have and will continue to support various organizations to help break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala.
Denise Greer & Ken Sedlak

Comment by Denise at April 24, 2008 09:45 PM

Amen!

The Allen family

Comment by Mike and Jennifer Allen at April 24, 2008 09:46 PM

We pledge our support. We want to work to support ethical adoptions and help the families that remain. We look to support the changes that would keep adoptions an avenue and support women and children in need.
Mary Mulcahy, mom to Daniel and Richard both born in Guatemala

Comment by Mary Mulcahy at April 24, 2008 10:05 PM

On behalf of our son and daughter, we pledge our support to Guatemala.

Diane and James Bacon
Madre y Padre de Gustavo y Julia

Comment by Diane and James Bacon at April 24, 2008 10:32 PM

Matthew & Elizabeth Scheffler
PAP of 2 Beautiful Guatemalan children

Comment by Matthew & Elizabeth Scheffler at April 24, 2008 10:59 PM

Bradley, Leah & Bella George

Comment by Leah George at April 24, 2008 11:45 PM

Our daughter's case is in PGN. When we fell in love with her, we became permanently connected with and grateful to Guatemala. We pledge our support to the children of Guatemala.

Ann & Al

Comment by Ann Dempsey at April 24, 2008 11:46 PM

Joey Ashenbrenner

Comment by Joey Ashenbrenner at April 25, 2008 12:08 AM

We will soon be blessed to be parents of a beautiful Guatemalan baby girl. We pledge to always promote her heritage and culture, and to support the children of Guatemala always.

Comment by David & Christine Nowland at April 25, 2008 12:10 AM

We lovingly pledge our support!

Comment by Maureen at April 25, 2008 12:13 AM

In addition to currently adopting (and now apparently being stuck in PGN until things are figured out), our family has invested charitably in organizations which seek to promote the health, education, and welfare of needy Guatemalans. We love to do it, and will continue to do so after we bring Luke home. We heartily support ethical adoptions, but are weary (like so many others) of all the delays.

Comment by LeAnn at April 25, 2008 12:44 AM

I pledge my support and my prayers

Comment by Tricia at April 25, 2008 12:44 AM

We pledge our support!

Comment by civitanova family at April 25, 2008 12:57 AM

We also pledge our support and prayers and will continue to do so after our child comes home. We are praying to bring our daughter (who is 6 years old) home soon to us in America.

Comment by Gregory & Sheila McFadden at April 25, 2008 01:15 AM

We pledge to support Guatemala! Our son is our greatest gift!

Comment by Wendy Heinle at April 25, 2008 01:18 AM

We pledge our support and daily prayers.

Comment by John & Emily Wiggins at April 25, 2008 01:27 AM

I pledge to support the country. I am impatiently waiting for my son from Guatemala who is 10 months old, but my heart is also waiting for a little girl. I will continue to wait for both of them but I pray that I will be able to adopt her within the next few years.

Comment by Tamara at April 25, 2008 01:53 AM

Donna and JP von Halle

Comment by Donna von Halle at April 25, 2008 01:56 AM

In December 2007 we were blessed to bring home a gorgeous baby girl from Guatemala. We also pledge our support and prayers to the beautiful country and her people.

Comment by Dawn Anderson at April 25, 2008 02:12 AM

We hold Guatemala in a very special place in our hearts.
Janet & Michael Leppo, NJ

Comment by Janet at April 25, 2008 02:14 AM

We are adopting a 10 year old girl, who can't wait to come home. We have been in pgn for about 4 months. We pledge our support to her orphanage and to Guatemala.

Comment by Darlene at April 25, 2008 02:34 AM

We pledge our support for the Guatemalan people in every way possible. We hope that an ethical process can be established that allows children to be placed in loving homes in a reasonable amount of time. We are very blessed that we will be bringing our beautiful baby girl home soon.

Kevin, Jennifer, Michael, Morgan, and Carmen Helmich

Comment by Jennifer H. at April 25, 2008 02:34 AM

Our most heartfelt thanks to the beautiful country of Guatemala for the precious gift of our son. We pledge our prayers, financial and physical support to help break the cycle of poverty. It is our prayer that every child in Guatemala be in a family either by birth or adoption. We pledge to instill in our son a love for his native country. We hope to be able to provide a family and a home to a few more Guatemalan children.

Comment by Charles & Alicia McDuffie at April 25, 2008 02:38 AM

Please open up the adoption proccess

Comment by robert and lisa burnell at April 25, 2008 02:44 AM

We pledge our love, prayers and support

Comment by Braidi at April 25, 2008 02:48 AM

I pledge

Comment by Nancy at April 25, 2008 03:13 AM

We pledge our support as we wait to bring our precious daughter home!

Comment by Tammy at April 25, 2008 03:26 AM

We feel Guatemala will be forever in our hearts, and would be willing to support whatever program is available to help the people and children. We're all in this together!

Comment by Murray and Jeanne at April 25, 2008 03:35 AM

Sarah Johnson & family

Comment by Sarah J in NY at April 25, 2008 03:47 AM

We too, pledge to do all that we can. Our daughter is from Guatemala , and we are exposing her to as much of her heritage as we can. We fully intend to return many times to Guatemala. WE have a wonderful group of friends here, in the states from Guatemala, and they are helping us spread their knowledge about Guatemala to our friends and family. One family, no closed borders! WE are only one voice, but united!

Comment by Monica at April 25, 2008 03:53 AM

All my support...

Comment by Lee Tostevin at April 25, 2008 04:28 AM

I pledge my support.

Comment by Laura Locurcio at April 25, 2008 04:40 AM

I will forever be greatful to Guatemala for my beautiful daughter. I feel strongly about giving back to this wonderful, beautiful country and am committed to supporting the people of Guatemala.
Laurie

Comment by Laurie at April 25, 2008 05:02 AM

All my support

Comment by Lee Tostevin at April 25, 2008 05:05 AM

We support the pledge to honor all ethical adoptions, as we are forever greatful to Guatemala for giving us the opportunity to adopt our "beautiful angel"!

Comment by The Rojas Family at April 25, 2008 06:06 AM

My pledge and prayers are for those Guatemalans whose reality does not permit reading our words via internet. Looking at my gorgeous son is an humble reminder that the primary difference between myself and his birthmother is opportunity and poverty. I will increase awareness of extreme poverty and support those who are making a positive and lasting impact. I will raise my Guatemalan son- as well as my US born son- with an appreciation of beautiful Guatemala, and hopefully they will become part of the change we want to see.
Lauren Boutwell

Comment by Lauren at April 25, 2008 06:07 AM

Susie and Niall O'Brien
Proud Parents of beautiful Catalina

Comment by Susie O'Brien at April 25, 2008 10:08 AM

We pledge our support and our love to the country who has blessed us with one beautiful son and is soon to be blessing us with our second beautiful son! We are eternally grateful to Guatemala for our precious gifts. We will help in any way needed.

Comment by Greg and Felicia Huff at April 25, 2008 11:33 AM

I am honored and grateful to be blessed with a beautiful daughter from Guatemala. She will be one in June and I pray I get to bring her home soon. I pledge to cherish Guatemala and teach her all about it, to visit regularly, and to do what we can as a family to offer our support financially. I too feel that we become somehow partly Guatemalan ourselves as our hearts and love are entwined with these precious Guatemalan babies. I am grateful for all the devotion to keeping adoptions ethical, but am eager to welcome my little one home! I also pledge to contiue to support ethical adoptions.

Comment by Jessie King at April 25, 2008 01:10 PM

Comment by Jessie King at April 25, 2008 01:11 PM

We absolutely pledge our support to the children in Guatemala. Every child deserves a chance. We will always have a connection to Guatemala through our 10 month old baby girl. We pledge our prayers and support.

Comment by Nicole Saucier at April 25, 2008 01:22 PM

I pledge my support to the wonderful country of Guatemala on behalf of my beautiul son and my greatest gift.

Comment by Lisa at April 25, 2008 02:17 PM

We pledge our support!
Chris and Wendy Jarman

Comment by Chris and Wendy Jarman at April 25, 2008 02:44 PM

I pledge my support

Comment by Bonnie Jessen at April 25, 2008 03:09 PM

We get to make a living; we give to make a life.
-Winston Churchill

We pledge our support in any way needed.

Comment by Brice & Danielle Swift at April 25, 2008 03:22 PM

I am blessed with a beuatiful family of 4 from Guatemala and I will always teach them a love and respect for their Birth country. I pray they will some day have a desire to return or help the beautiful counrty of Guatemala in some way to make a lastuing inpact on it. I pledge my support and Prayers.

Comment by TRINA MARTIN at April 25, 2008 03:30 PM

I pledge to support Guatamala through my prayers and support. I will promise to pray for the President of Guatamala every day and for the Government of Guatamala. I pledge to support the children of Guatamala with my dollars to assure they receive the best care possible.

Comment by Todd Gabrielson at April 25, 2008 03:39 PM

I also will help in any way that i can to make this world a better place for the children in need. Please help get my little girl home soon.

Comment by John Fagundes at April 25, 2008 04:04 PM

Guatemala will always be part of our family. We make the pledge.

Lisa and Maylin

Comment by Lisa at April 25, 2008 04:20 PM

We pledge our support to the beautiful country of Guatemala and its wonderful people. We are forever thankful and indebted to Guatemala for allowing us to become the parents of two wonderful Guatemalan children. Our goal is for our children to continue to love and support their birth country long after we are gone. Half of our hearts will always be in the beautiful country of Guatemala.

Comment by Becky and Shane Lewis at April 25, 2008 04:21 PM

With eternal gratitude, we pledge our support in every way.

Comment by Heather & Joe at April 25, 2008 04:34 PM

Our son is a precious gift from a young mother in Guatemala who wanted a better life for her son. We pledge to do whatever is necessary for the health and happiness of each and every child in Guatemala. Our prayers for God's grace is the greatest thing we can offer.

Comment by Brian, Stacie and Andrew at April 25, 2008 04:58 PM

Our pledge and our prayers for the people of Guatemala.
Linda and Douglas Katz

Comment by Linda and Douglas Katz at April 25, 2008 06:12 PM

I am forever grateful to my son's birth country. As he is a part of our life, so will his country. We have visited Guatemala numerous times and have fallen in love with its beauty. It is an exciting time for Guatemalans. I hope to be part of a new future for its people.
Gayle, Paul and Ben

Comment by Gayle at April 25, 2008 06:54 PM

We pledge our eternal love and support for the children, the biological families, and the foster families of Guatemala. We are forever grateful and humbled by the incredible gift of our Guatemalan sons. We recognize and are saddened by the sacrifices of their Guatemalan families. Know that these children are cherished. We respect their birth country and will nurture those ties for a lifetime. With love and prayers.

Comment by Meg Dooley at April 25, 2008 08:28 PM

We pledge the above. We our blessed to have our son Marc as a part of our family. We support his country with our prayers, promice to help his people by doing mission trips, and search for other resources availble to help the people of Guatemala.

Comment by Kevin & Carol Crawford at April 25, 2008 08:30 PM

I pledge and support the wonderful country that blessed me with my beautiful grandson. Can't wait until my little grandaughter is home with us. Guatemala will always have my support and love.

Comment by Jennie Falone at April 25, 2008 09:33 PM

You have my support, my commitment, and my enduring love for your country. Blessings as you face many challenges as we all work to make this world a better place for all, but especially for children.

Comment by Kimberly Smith at April 25, 2008 10:06 PM

So pledged,
Jeff Craven MD
Andi McBride AIA
(parents of one daughter and working on her sister)

Comment by Jeff Craven at April 25, 2008 11:29 PM

I do and will continue to support organizations in Guatemala that work to improve the health, nutrition and lives of Guatemalans.
Megan Eagle
Michigan

Comment by Megan Eagle at April 25, 2008 11:59 PM

As my two boys adopted from Guatemala head off to bed, my husband and I cannot even believe our dream of being a family has come to be. Being a disabled woman in a wheelchair and never even dreaming of being a mother of two boys, I am forever grateful. We pledge to give our support in any way that we can to Guatemala.

Comment by Nadia Ortiz at April 26, 2008 01:06 AM

At first I fell in love with a guatemalan women, after with Guatemala. Waiting for our son to come home. Whatever we can do will be done for Guatemala and its beautiful people.

GOD BLESS GUATEMALA

QUE VIVA GUATEMALA

Vince and Georgina Pirone

Comment by vince and georgina at April 26, 2008 01:09 AM

We are committed to the support of Guatemala now and in the future, on behalf of our children.

Comment by Kristin & Dennis at April 26, 2008 01:10 AM

Adoptive parents of Julian and birth parents of Fiona.

Comment by Brian and Ann-Marie McNamara at April 26, 2008 01:45 AM

We brought home our beautiful baby boy in February of 2007 from Guatemala. Unfortunately, he has a fatal disease called Tay-Sachs Disease. We are loving him and giving him the best care possible. We love the country of Guatemala and feel honored to have the opportunity to love and care for him during his short life. Thank you.

Comment by nancy wheaton at April 26, 2008 02:14 AM

We pledge to support the children of Guatemala financially and prayerfully. We are forever grateful for our beautiful daughter. We will teach her love and respect for her birth country of Guatemala.

Comment by Traci and Chris Royal at April 26, 2008 02:39 AM

We pledge our support through prayers and financial means to the beautiful country of Guatemala and to the people and children. We are forever thankful and indebted to Guatemala for allowing us to become the parents of a beautiful little girl. It is our hope to be able to add a little boy to our family. We have recently started sponsoring a four year old girl in Guatemala as well. Our hearts will always be a part of the beautiful country of Guatemala. We will continue to pray for the people and the children of Guatemala as well as President Colom and the people helping to make the decisions as to the future of Guatemalan adoptions.
Angela, Scott, and Lilliana Stiverson

Comment by Angela Stiverson at April 26, 2008 03:04 AM

We have adopted a son from the beautiful country of Guatemala and are in the process of adopting our daughter. We are committed to reinforcing their birth heritage and to all the children of Guatemala - in-country and adopted abroad. We pledge to support them in any way possible.

Comment by Cheri & Jason Vanderpool at April 26, 2008 03:29 AM

We pledge our support to your country, our son's country, and her beloved people.
The Nannery-Mayhone family

Comment by kyla at April 26, 2008 04:08 AM

I pledge my lifelong support to this beautiful country where my precious son was born and will always have family that love him. Prayers to all the children who may be in need.

Comment by Susan at April 26, 2008 04:32 AM

We too pledge our support.

Comment by Leah Coghlan at April 26, 2008 05:06 AM

We brought our beautiful daughter home from Guatemala in February. After experiencing Guatemala and it's people we are extremely proud and hope to always shine a postive light on our daughter's heritage.

It is unfortunate that a few people have made it difficult for us to do this again.

We will always support the Country of Guatemala and it's people.

Pat & Sal Como

Comment by Patricia and Salvatore Como at April 26, 2008 06:01 AM

I pledge support.

Dorie Paine

Comment by Dorie at April 26, 2008 12:38 PM

The Crawford family pledges support and prayers.
Tim, Julie, Timmy, Katie, Danny & Annie

Comment by Julie Crawford at April 26, 2008 01:13 PM

My family and I pledge our support for the children of Guatemala. I desperately pray for my son who is still in process in Guatemala and for all of the children who are left in the process. The gift my son's birthmother is giving me is one of the greatest gifts in the world, and I'm sure the hardest decision any Mom can make; to choose to give up their precious child in order for them to have a better life. My prayers are for all of the people of Guatemala, but most of all for the children. Can't we please consider them the UTMOST IMPORTANT FACTOR in the restructuring of the adoption system in Guatemala? After all, isn't that the purpose of Hague? Let them not be forgotten in the bureacracies; I beg of you all.

God Bless.

Comment by Desiree at April 26, 2008 02:21 PM

As a mom of three wonderful children from the beautiful country of Guatemala. Our support will also be there for all the people of Guatemala. For they given us a wonderful family through the grace of God and love. Our children love their birth country and also pledge to help. Age 10, 9. and 7.

Comment by Lisa at April 26, 2008 02:29 PM

We whole heartedly give our support to this pledge.
Kurt & Christie Jacobs

Comment by Kurt & Christie Jacobs at April 26, 2008 02:47 PM

We pledge our support to your country to promote education and health services for all citizens. We are committed to reducing the need of adoption so that all children have the priviledge to grow up in their family of origination free of violence and poverty and full of hope for the future. We are committed to supporting adoption for those children who are need of loving, stable families.

Comment by The Amaya Nolte Family at April 26, 2008 03:37 PM

We pledge our support to Guatemala in whatever it needs to help support and care for babies and children without families. Our prayers are with the new government of Guatemala to please keep open international adoptions with the U. S. We love your Country, and we must remember we are all Americans.

Comment by Joan and Chuck Taylor at April 26, 2008 03:40 PM

We are already supporting 2 children in Guatemala and providing food and additional support to widows and orphans through adoptavillage.com plus waiting for a signature for our case to exit PGN to adopt our daughter from Guatemala.

Comment by Bryan & Amy Jenkins at April 26, 2008 05:11 PM

We pray daily for the country and the children of Guatemala. My family waits with much hope for our son to come home. We love and support Guatemala as it moves forward in improving the lives of it's people and the children.

Greg and Lori St.Clair

Comment by Lori at April 26, 2008 06:15 PM

I pledge support in any and all ways necessary. My two children, who were born in Guatemala, are God-sent. As a family, we keep alive their heritage of birth and celebrate their birth-country. We also keep in our nightly prayers their birth mothers and their situations.
Monica Grilliot

Comment by Monica Grilliot at April 26, 2008 07:52 PM

As an adoptive parent, I pledge my support and continued prayers to the people and children of Guatemala.

Janet John

Comment by Janet John at April 26, 2008 08:48 PM

The Drew Family

Comment by Lisa at April 26, 2008 09:24 PM

Supporting your country and it's children, whom we love dearly.
Rod and Dawn Z
~Adoptive parents to Emilee Marta age 4, home from Guatemala, November 2006.
~Waiting and praying for Ronaldo and Julia, now ages 10 and 8. Still in Guatemala, but the children of our hearts since May 2005.

Comment by dawn at April 26, 2008 11:40 PM

Comment by K & J Kearns at April 27, 2008 12:37 AM

Comment by Meg Dooley at April 27, 2008 01:10 AM

We pledge our continued support to the country of Guatemala where 2 very beautiful children were adopted in 1999 and 2000, my daughter and son. Spending 2 1/2 months living in La Antigua, I experienced the artistic beauty of the country as well as the extreme poverty while waiting for my daughters papers to be finalized. I would volunteer my services to help in some way, either in organizing schools or setting up orphanages for the children left behind with the new adoption rules. These children of Guatemala need the resources that we can provide to give them a start in life that is not available locally. Kathleen and Family

Comment by Kathleen Schneider at April 27, 2008 01:39 AM

We pledge our support to Guatemala.
We will forever be grateful to Guatemala for our son. One of my greatest wishes for my son is that he grow up loving his birthcountry and when he grows that he pledge to give back to Guatemala.

Comment by Cathie at April 27, 2008 01:55 AM

We are pleased to pledge our support to Guatemala (and other countries throughout the world) to reduce the need for adoption, by ensuring and promoting health services and education for all its citizens. We are working with our adoption agency to continue their humanitarian aid efforts to support Guatemalan children and families in need of medical services, nutrition, and education. We are also deeply committed to supporting adoption for those children who are in need of loving, stable families. We are grateful to the efforts of the new Guatemalan government to promote education and develop sound socially responsible programs for its citizens, so that the need for adoptions in Guatemala will decrease and that children will soon have the opportunity to be raised with their birth family in a country that is free of poverty and violence.

Comment by Nina Schoch at April 27, 2008 02:08 AM

Justin and Kristen Bond

Comment by Kristen at April 27, 2008 02:32 AM

When chapines join our families, we too become chapines. It is a huge task you have before you President Colom, and the chapin in me has the ability and desire to help.

You have my support for all the children of Guatemala.

Kevin
Guatadopt.com

Comment by Kevin at April 27, 2008 04:56 AM

I pleadge my support to Guatemala.
I thank Guatemala for my son whom I adore.

Comment by Terry at April 27, 2008 06:18 AM

We also pledge our support to Guatemala.

The Kearney Family

Comment by Meghan and Patrick Kearney at April 27, 2008 01:02 PM

We pledge our support to the children of Guatemala. We are so grateful for the wonderful gift of our daughter born in Guatemala 20 months ago. Our thoughts and prayers for all the wonderful families in Guatemala. We have a bond that will never be broken. Diane and Kevin

Comment by Diane Puccetti at April 27, 2008 05:09 PM

We send out our prayers to the people of Guatemala and for safe ethical adoptions in this time of transition.

The Hayes Family

Comment by Lisa Hayes at April 27, 2008 07:07 PM

Our family pledges our support as well with many prayers too.
The Klinchuch Family

Comment by Bridgette at April 27, 2008 07:17 PM

We pledge our support to the special people and country of Guatemala in humble gratitude for the blessing of our grandson and in honor of the great sacrifice of his birth mother. For the sake of the children, we pray that adoption still be an option as long as the need remains.

The Schindhelm Family

Comment by Jim and Chris Schindhelm at April 28, 2008 12:59 AM

We pledge our support to our daughter and we strive to instill in her a sense of pride for her heritage. We also feel a duty to help those still in desperate circumstances. We will be returning for our first trip to Guatemala since adopting our Katelyn 1-1/2 years ago on a medical mission trip with our adoption agency, the first of many to come.

Comment by Joel & Danette at April 28, 2008 03:12 AM

We will support the cause of Guatemalan children for the rest our lives.

Comment by Ellen and Ken at April 28, 2008 03:14 AM

The Kinkelaar Family

Comment by mkinkelaar at April 28, 2008 04:53 AM

I am committed to helping Guatemalan children for the rest of my life. I will support children there in need of love, shelter, medicine, etc... in any way that I can. I will support my son and daughter in knowing about their true roots and heritage. You can count on my support 100%

Comment by Val Graham at April 28, 2008 01:21 PM

We will continue to support the innocent children of Guatemala.

Scott, Linda, Brady, Carly Rose, Liam and Gabriela Ferrell

Comment by Linda at April 28, 2008 02:13 PM

We fulfill our pledge by supporting the building of libraries in rural Guatemala and by supporting the education a child who would otherwise not be able to continue.

Peter & Sheryl Smith

Comment by Sheryl at April 28, 2008 02:49 PM

I too, pledge my support and prayers to the children and future of Guatemala.
Becky

Comment by momto1 at April 28, 2008 05:17 PM

Comment by The Hopf family at April 28, 2008 07:04 PM

Please know that I am anxiously awaiting my daughter's exit from PGN. I pray each night for her and all the children of Guatemala. I thank the Lord each night for the privilege of adopting a child from this country. I only hope to have her home soon.

Comment by A waiting mom-to-be at April 28, 2008 08:10 PM

We fell in love with Guatemala the second we got off the plane to meet our son for the first time in 2006. Praise God he has been home since Nov ’07 - but we could never ignore the reason why we have our son and pledge to do anything we can to help the people of Guatemala. His foster family has become an extension of our family and with their help we have started a non-profit ministry called JLYwear, Covering the Children (www.JLYwear.com). So far, we have been able to provide clothing, shoes and even shelter to hundreds of children in Guatemala. We never have enough to meet the need. No child should have to endure this type of suffering. I pray that the country can start to provide resources to help their people... but when there are no resources, or the resources aren’t enough, that we can find a way to provide adoption as an option. It shouldn’t be about the wants of the countries, the adoptive parents or anyone else… it should be about the children and what they deserve as human beings.

Comment by Tonya Brown at April 28, 2008 09:07 PM

We pledge!

Comment by Kathryn at April 28, 2008 09:22 PM

Coleen & Mike Wegel

Comment by Coleen at April 29, 2008 01:46 AM

We affirm this pledge wholeheartedly - as we have from the start, which for us was July 2007. We dream of our beautiful baby girl, 'Abby', growing up with a love for America and her birthplace, Guatemala.

Comment by Chris Wright at April 29, 2008 01:46 AM

we became a family in 2002, when our beautiful daughter from Guatemala was placed in our arms.

Comment by jean and keith zeznanski at April 29, 2008 02:23 AM

We, too, fell in love with beautiful Guatemala and the lovely people we met there. We will be eternally grateful to the country that gave us our daughter and the woman who gave her life. In addition to the above, we pledge our prayers and doing anything we can to support economic changes that would have allowed our daughters' birthmother to raise her.

Comment by Susan at April 29, 2008 03:00 AM

I pledge my support (through hopes and prayers and concrete financial help)to the country of Guatemala and to President Colom. I have now traveled to Guatemala several times during the wait to adopt a little girl. The Guatemalan process is now complete and I hope to soon have her sleeping in her own room here in the USA. But I will never forget that her country and her heritage is with Guatemala and I will raise her to honor that heritage. I pledge my financial support to organizations in Guatemala doing their best to provide positive changes to the lives of women and children (for example, Safe Passage). I also pledge my support to many waiting prospective adoptive families -- President Colom, we ask you to work towards an orderly process that allows the pending adoption cases to be completed in the most effecient way possible.

Comment by Susan Nieser at April 29, 2008 03:17 AM

Sally, Nigel and Harry Rowe

Comment by sally Rowe at April 29, 2008 03:13 PM

When I adopted my beautiful son from Guatemala he not only became American I became Guatemalan. I am 100% devoted to helping any way I can so the children of Guatemala my have food,clothing,shelter and love that they deserve. I respect and value Guatemala it is in my heart and prayers everyday. Please let us help it is our duty for our children and ourselves. We to love Guatemala.

Comment by Karen at April 29, 2008 05:31 PM

While we continue to wait for the finalization of our son's adoption (in process for 2 years) we pledge to support Guatemala, the people and the children, and to make sure our son will understand and love his heritage as much as we do.
The Wenzler Family

Comment by Faith Budington & Jeffrey Wenzler at April 29, 2008 07:52 PM

God has surely blessed us with the lives of our Guatemalan born daughters. Our beautiful, loving daughters will forever know the amazing country and people they are a part of. We will teach them to give back to their country of origin, by OUR actions. Our gratitude, to the birth mother, and the government of Guatemala, who allowed us to become a family, is endless. We pledge our support to the Guatemalan people.

Comment by Lucinda and Mike at April 30, 2008 01:19 AM

We too support this pledge. We are so blessed to have been able to adopt our daughter through international adoption.

Comment by Rebecca Weinstein at April 30, 2008 01:24 AM

I plege my support to the beautiful country of Guatemala. Always in my heart.

Comment by Diane Olsen at April 30, 2008 05:13 PM

You and the people of Guatemala are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment by cheryl eichstaedt at May 2, 2008 01:08 AM

May God be with Pres. Colom and any others who are trying to improve things in the beautiful country of Guatemala. I have been volunteering for over 20 years to advocate for the poor in Central America and will in the future focus on Guatemala, which has given me my miracle, Luciana. She will be raised to honor her heritage and we will do what we can to give back to her country.
Sincerely,
Rebecca

Comment by reba at May 2, 2008 07:37 PM

Deb and Tom Schmelz

Comment by Deb and Tom Schmelz at May 3, 2008 02:24 AM

I wholeheartedly join the pledge.
Sharon Stone, Mother of a wonderful Guatemalan Son.

Comment by Sharon Stone at May 3, 2008 07:37 PM

On behalf of our lovely daughter, we agree to the above pledge and add our prayers and support to all those families and children in need. We are forever grateful to our daughter's biological mother for being brave enough to want a better quality life for her daughter and forever touched by her country.

Comment by The Good Family at May 4, 2008 02:16 AM

We pray for all the children waiting to be adopted and to all the families waiting to bring home their lovely children.

Comment by Kristi at May 6, 2008 12:49 AM

During our two adoptions from Guatemala we have experienced the most profound joy and also the most tragic loss. We will always support our son’s birth country and pledge to always come back to this beautiful country to try and make a difference.

Comment by The Noble's at May 8, 2008 04:31 AM

I applaud the courage of all those involved in creating a process which will support children in having a loving family to nurture their child's dreams and heritage. I hope to adopt from Guatemala in the future.

Comment by Nancy at May 22, 2008 02:45 AM

We will do anything we can to help ensure that every child has the opportunity to be told they are loved and to be part of a family.

Comment by Alison Hair at June 18, 2008 03:13 PM

We agree with the above. Being parents of a beautiful Guatemalan daughter, we will do whatever it takes to maintain her heritage and love of the country that gave us the love of our lives.

Comment by Terri & Larry Reese at July 30, 2008 10:52 PM

We are forever grateful to the country of Guatemala for our precious daughter. Through prayers and financial support, we pledge our support to Guatemala as it seeks to end the cycle of poverty there. We also are committed to Guatemalan Student Support Group, as they seek to bring the brightest, yet most impoverished Guatemalan youth to the US for 4 years of high school and 4 years of college. They will return to Guatemala with the skills to end poverty. We support the 14 Guatemalan teens who are currently here in West Michigan.

Comment by The VanderVeen Family at August 19, 2008 02:39 PM